Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Paisley & Polka Dots

What a weekend! It was full of fun, friends, and productivity!
I started my Saturday off at a baby shower for Kristy Denney,
which was so much fun! I have pics on my camera but our
computer is broken so that will have to wait for another post!
She got some amazing things for her baby boy, Owen.
Her amazing mother-in-law and mom combined forces
to make her, her very own unique baby bedding, and I
made sure to take notes, so that I can do the same for our
baby bear! It was so much fun to see her growing belly
and hang out with friends I haven't seen in forever!

After the baby shower, Michael and I met up with some of our/my
friends to go to Cheesecake Factory for my birthday! I LOVE
Cheesecake Factory but we rarely go because of the crazy long wait
that you have once you arrive! Well this Saturday night was no
different! We waited for an hour and a half (i have some troopers
for friends) and finally got seated! By this time we were all famished
and finished off a few baskets of bread while waiting for our meals.
I got my all time favorite meal, the chicken and shrimp gumbo,
which only solidifies my case that I think i was a big black woman
in a previous life, and I loved every bite of it! Thanks to everyone
that came and made my night so much fun!


Sadly, after we arrived back home, and Michael passed
out in bed, I was still wide awake with a VERY full belly. I
usually can lay on my tummy to make me fall asleep even when
i am so full, but not now that there is someone else in there!
So I was there, just laying there thinking about who knows
what, and then it hit me. I needed the toilet ASAP! I SPRINTED
to the toilet and over the next few hours watched every
last bit of food I had consumed that day come right back up.
At about 3 am, I decided I was done, but oh I sure did have one more
good heave in there don't you worry! So 3 am, I finally come
back to bed thinking that Michael would have wondered
where I have been this whole time, NOPE!
Still snoring sound asleep. The next morning he didn't even know
I had been out of bed at all. I told him the next time he won't
be so lucky! Maybe I will wake him up to be miserable
with me, OR maybe I should just sneak out one night and hit
the bar scene in SLC! Hahahahahaha! It will be like the movie
"Knocked Up" and I am at a club with my huge belly! ;)


The next day I felt so much better (tired but better) and we went
to church then to Midge's house for some Sunday dinner, which was
AMAZING. She made Lasagna and it was to die for! We got to hang out
with her fam and her little ones and Michael got to be around
little kids for the first time. He learned that 1 year olds eat with their
hands, not a fork or spoon, and get their food everywhere! I can;t
wait to see what we both learn along the way of parenthood!
It is bound to give us some laughs, as we are both slightly clueless!

Then, ah Monday! I had Monday off but poor Michael had to work!
I was able to do a ton of shopping for fabric for our little one! I went
to about 6 different fabric stores and Jo-Ann's for a pattern!
I ended up getting almost all of the fabric I needed, and I am
really excited about the Paisley and Polka Dot theme, that came out
of all that shopping!

This is the paisley, since our computer is down, I took a pic on
my phone. It's not the best quality, and the colors are brighter
in real life but you can get the idea!




Even Lucy loved all the fabric I ended up with, and I think she
thought it was for her! She was laying on the bed ALL OVER
the fabric so I kicked her off, and covered the fabric with our
comforter that was on the bed. Well apparently she is the World's
Smartest/Sneakiest Cat because, as soon as she got off the bed,
she jumped right back on the corner of the bed, and went UNDER
the covers and sat right back on the fabric! REALLY?! I was so
surprised/shocked/impressed that I just left her there for a while!
She sure does keep me on my toes at all times! Love you Crazy Kitty!




3 comments:

  1. Cheesecake was totally worth the wait! I love the patterns and colors you've picked out! Way cute! Sorry you were so sick after dinner Saturday :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could tell you story after story about me being up all night puking my guts out, and Glen being dead asleep, not even blinking an eye. Sometimes I would get so furious that I would intentionally slam the toilet seat down and then accidentally hit him when I got back into bed. I figure if I have to be wide awake sick, surely Glen should have to suffer a tiny bit too! Good luck!! I hope you don't start throwing up on a multiple times a day basis... it is no fun! I'll be thinking of you!

    P.s. I love the fabric! So cute! I am excited to see it all come together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha.. I have the same story... I threw up like 8 times one night.. I was trying to be quiet.. I even went to our spare bathroom instead of using ours.. but I for sure thought Sam would be awake when I got back in.. But nope. Men... sleeping and snoring.. didn't have a clue!!! Pregnancy life is rough! So are you making bedding then? I am learning how to make a quilt and I keep thinking I Want to make bedding. So fun!

    ReplyDelete