Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Rack & 2 Shelves

Before my camera took a nose dive (without my consent first),
I was able to get a few pictures at my friend Kristy's baby shower.
Her and her Hubby Brett, will be having baby Owen at the end
of February! She is THE cutest pregnant girl, and so tiny and
petite. Me on the other hand, not so much! But I have made
it a goal to no longer compare myself to others who may be
pregnant or who have been pregnant. I need to learn that everyone
carries weight differently, and that no matter what happens
over the next 5 months, I am going to gain weight, but wow
that is so hard for me to accept some days!

Me, Kristy, Traci
(Traci keeps losing weight but really I think she sends it
directly to ME somehow! Not a big fan!)

One day my bump on the front will be as big as the bump on the
back! Then I will officially be a walking Home Depot.
(A HUGE rack and 2 LARGE shelves!)

Isn't she just a DOLL? She will be an amazing mom too!
One lucky little boy that's for sure!

Earlier this week I went to the doc's for a check up for me and
baby bear. It had been 5 weeks since my last one, so I was super
excited/anxious to get in there!
(Which I posted about last post, so I will just recap)
We got to hear the heartbeat again,
and I must say hearing Bear's heartbeat never gets old!
Although I am leaning more toward Bear
being a SHE! No, I did not cheat and receive inside information
from the doctors. It's just this feeling I have, so call me crazy!
Anywho, I was so happy to hear the heartbeat again, and recorded it
again for Grandma Kip to hear too. I still continue to feel so
blessed to have this lil' baby inside me, and that I will be bear's momma!
It is so fun to learn what each week brings for the baby's development,
and watch my body grow to fit this kid inside! I THINK, and I only
say I think because this is a new feeling, but I think I have felt the
baby moved based on how people have described it to me. It's
amazing to me to be able to feel something so small, about 5-6 oz.
and about 6-7 inches, move inside your belly. I am so excited for the
day when I can feel the baby kick and move and squirm, and I will know
for sure what's going on down there! I am starting to get used to
sleeping on my side now, for the most part. I still wake up a few times
a night to pee, and then struggle to get my mind to shut off so I can go back
to sleep, but after 4 weeks of trying to learn on my side, I am finally
gettin' the hang of it, which means I'm not as cranky! :)
So, since I don't have a camera, this next week we will be figuring
out how to fix that problem! I might just have to go old school on
this pregnancy and bust out the disposables! I need
to show this child what I went through, so that it could grow to
be strong and healthy and one day hopefully bear will thank me!

Listen to Baby Bear's heartbeat below at 18 weeks:

4 comments:

  1. AW! i love this post, and i absolutely love watching you grow closer and closer to baby bear. you'll be such an amazing mom, along with kristy too! :) you really are the best examples!love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Brooke, i miss you, congrats on the pregnancy, love your funny comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I read the title to this post...while looking at the picture of you, Kristy, and Traci...and I thought you were talking about the three of you!!! Hahaha.....and not just you (which I learned as I continued to read). Funny. Anyways...so cool to hear the heart beat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL to Carly's comment. but i was just gonna add that i love how the 3 of us are so well coordinated w/ our blacks and greys. :)

    ReplyDelete