Monday, January 4, 2010

Boy or Girl


Baby Bakken aka Gummi Bear will be ....

We (and when I say we I mean ME with a whole bunch of convincing on Michael's part) decided to go against the "norm" of couples finding out the sex of your baby before it's here. When we first found out I was "with child" we immediately wanted to know what we were having. I pray Baby B is a boy for multiple reasons... A- Michael would love a boy (what guy doesn't) 2- after seeing Michael's baby through little boy pictures for the first time over Christmas I am convinced if we have a girl she will be the next world champion weight lifter and we might as well name her Helga "the unstoppable" right outta the gate! He was a 9 and change lb baby for one...and was the cutest "big boy" i have ever seen complete with bowl cut! and finally D- I have always wanted a little boy. I was a tomboy and wanted a little brother soooo badly but instead got Kaitlin, and although she is just as tomboyish as I was...it still wasn't a baby brother! But all of the "i wonder what we are having" will have to continue until the end of June! If it is a girl, I will be just as pleased as if I would have had a boy. She will be our princess that will break all the boys hearts when they realize how she can school them at any sport she plays and them charm her way through anything! Michael will no doubt be wrapped around her finger and I just hope that my nickname of "princess" will go to her but I will move up to queen B! :) Regardless of what Heavenly Father sends us, we will love our lil' bear with all out hearts and try not to screw it up with "daddy" or "mommy" issues! We know how lucky we are to have this opportunity and can't wait to meet the lil' one and watch him/her grow! So until June 27th...we will update you on everything BUT what we are having! You will have to wait with us!

Just out of curiosity, what do you think I will be having? I would love to know some guesses! Fell free to comment! :)

7 comments:

  1. hm...i think a girl...only b/c you want a boy so bad. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whether you have a boy of a girl he/she will be adorable and athletic! But I do think you are having a girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh fun!! I'm glad you're waiting. What a fun surprise that will be. I think girl as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thinking girl. Love you guys and good luck with a girl Michael, Matt is wrapped too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would drive me craxy not to know, especially for the first little one. It does make it exciting though. And I am going to have to guess BOY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brooke you are so freaking funny - Helga?! LOL!! I can't believe your not finding out. I wouldn't be able to do it -- but what a fun surprise for you guys!! So excited for you. (BTW - I'm thinking Boy)

    ReplyDelete