Friday, November 6, 2009

Thankful I Never Met Elizabeth Lambert

Or should I say, Elizabeth Lambert should be thankful she
never met me?!?!?

I was never a dirty soccer player, but let's just say you could call me sturdy and
one that never backed down from anyone. I always enjoyed a good challenge
and would LOVE to hear girls try and talk crap. Like really? Do you
realize who you are talking to? Listen trick, you don't wanna go
down this road I promise! Anywho, playing at BYU we always had a target on
our back. It felt like every week was rival week. If we tied, the other team would
cheer as if they won the world cup. If they happen to win, you would
have thought they had a parade waiting for them back home to congratulate
them on this MOMENTOUS occasion! Maybe even a key to the
city from the mayor! I obviously HATE losing, but hate it even more when
you A. know that you are a better team, but 2. when the other team was
just down right dirty. BYU is always talking about how we not only
represent ourselves and our University, but also The Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter-day Saints. So this makes getting into an altercation of any sort,
that much more of a big deal. Now I love the church, BUT BUT BUT there is NO
way in hale I would ever let some trick push me around the soccer field like
Ms. Lizzy seems to do in this clip. All I know is that if I had played yesterday,
I would without a doubt be sitting the next game out. NO ONE, even gets in her
face! How can you honestly be punched in the back, have your hair pulled
and yanked to the ground, be kicked in the face, punched in the face and NO ONE says anything or does anything about it?? REALLY?? It honestly proves
nothing by politely telling her "Scorebaord". Big whoop, you are up 1-0.
She is still putting you to shame and making you her own personal rag doll.
I don't care who you are or how tough you think you are,
no one should get away with that!

So, Ms. Elizabeth Lambert, be thankful you never met me, because I promise
you, you would have not liked the outcome my "i think i'm such a thug/badass"
soccer princess! I would have owned you. So, if you still feel tough, and
haven't hopped on a flight back to Nowheresville, NM....I am still in Provo,
come find me trick! ;) I will show you what a real BYU player is all about!






All in all, I enjoyed playing soccer, and loved competing. But i am VERY grateful,
I never came across such a dirty player like this chick, because
i think my days on the field would have been limited! The coaches already had it
in their minds that I was a crazy California girl, I'm sure a fight on our home field
would have sealed the deal!

10 comments:

  1. Amen, Amen, Amen! Viscious! I always LOVED watching you play; always exciting and awesome. But you never had to give the other girls a beat down to make it worth watching. I hope some day that you do meet up with this character and show her whats up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh...i seriously died when I saw this. Josh was like "AAREAN YOU HAVE GOT TO COME WATCH THIS!!!" I coudln't believe it...im surprised she has anymore hair, poor girl. What amazed me the most was that she just layed there. I would have gotten up and pounced! Shes a better girl then I am I guess?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That B is crazy!!!
    I totally agree, there is a time for class but at some point that chick needs to majorly get taken out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude!! Holy shizz!!!! I want to be on the side lines if you ever get the chance to take this chick on and show her whose boss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is RIDICULOUS! All I have to say is that at some point those BYU girls need to grow some cojones (balls!) and fight back. How was that girl not kicked out of the game immediately? She was serioulsy out of control, someone needs to put that animal on some medication.

    And I would do just about anything to see you kick Elizabeth Lambert's A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So she has now been suspended indefinitely from the team! I just think it's funny how she explains how sorry she is for her actions. A. thats a lie. 2. she is embarrassed NOT sorry! There is a HUGE difference. Had the coach not done anything to reprimand her, you KNOW she would have been bragging about how BA (bad ass) she was!!

    http://www.golobos.com/sports/w-soccer/spec-rel/110609aaa.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can attest that Brooke would have done exactly what she says she would have.:D Don't mess with this girl! I was always glad you were on my team...

    You are right - at a certain point, you have to STAND UP for BYU and for the Church, not just receive blow after blow to your respect. Yeah, we did get told every game to represent the school and Church well, but one needs to represent their own self-dignity well also!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when so-called Christians say "you're lucky you never met me because I would have..." That's what Jesus would say. That's the example He set isn't it? When he was beaten and crucified for living a perfect life He had that attitude didn't He? He stood up for Himself and for the Father and got them all back eye for eye. Oh no... wait... no He didn't. He showed perfect love and grace. Think about that before you type tough and forget that Jesus died for people like Ms. Lambert as well as for you and all of your sins.
    Christ's example of humility is one that has no room for people who feel they have the right to be anything other than humble even when oppressed. Pride is "the great sin." CS Lewis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Joshua,

    Jesus Christ led a perfect life, which gave him the right to publicly criticize another human being. As we know, no man/woman has ever come close to leading a perfect life like Jesus did. My advice to you, "don't throw stones when you live in a glass house." ONLY ONE MAN that has walked this earth has the right to publicly criticize another human being... that is not you. You don't even have the audacity to let it be known who you are. Which in my mind only leads me to believe that you are possibly afraid of the repercussions because you, my friend, are not perfect.

    Sincerely,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved reading your post, Brooke! And would totally be there to watch you show this girl how tough she really is. What a joke. "I swear you're good." :)

    ReplyDelete