Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Nonstop Tears

It is no big secret that I LOVE this show....


It inspires people. It inspires me. Makes me want to not only get in shape and stay in shape, but be a better person as well. I always love hearing everyone's back story on the show. How they got where they are today and how they think they are gonna change and why they want to change. Everyone always has a different motive and different things that motivate them. This season seems to be full with people with crazy baggage. I don't mean baggage in a mean way, but more people that have faced CRAZY difficult obstacles that I cannot even fathom. There are dad's on there that want to get healthy for their children. There are girls on there that no longer want to be the fat girl with a pretty face. Then there is Shay, who is the biggest contestant ever on BL, whose mother was always on drugs, lived on the streets and eventually died from an overdose. Then there is ABBY. Abby might be one of the most amazing women I have ever met, through TV obviously. I don't know her personally, but what I do know of her I love. From the very beginning there was something amazing about this woman.


As the show went on, you couldn't help but LOVE her. Two years ago, she lost her entire family in one day. Her husband, 5 year old daughter and 2 week old son! Can you even imagine that? They were in a car accident and all passed away. I think if I had gone through this, I would curl up in a ball and want to die at the very moment as well. I seriously would TOTALLY eat my feelings. I would be a beast and probably really pale from never leaving the house. But she is so inspiring. I am sure she had her time to mourn, but she is ready to start living again and everything she does, she only does for herself because there is no one else. She came on the show, and right from the start has been so encouraging, sweet, loving, and so selfless. Every time she opened up about her family, I cried. I think even the fact that JILLIAN is amazed by how strong this woman is, says a HUGE statement about her. So last night, I was a MESS! Tears tears and more tears. She was working out and Jillian came over and just basically said how are you the way you are after going through your huge trial? Where do we go from here? How do you get over this? And Abby just said it so simple. I'm alive. I'm here. I have learned to let people in again and start loving people again without the fear of losing them overcome me. How amazing is this woman? SHE is the one teaching Jillian, I just love that. Not only has she lost weight, but she has inspired so many people around her. Her team lost last night, and asked to be sent home instead of others that could have EASILY be sent home. She instead, asked to be sent home so that the others that she felt needed more help and that were on the verge of breakthroughs could have their chance. She willingly gave up her journey on the ranch so that others could succeed. After she was sent home, it always shows the "Where are they now" clip. But with her, I think because she was an inspiration to so many people across the country, they followed her home and filmed her homecoming, and then showed her talking to a group of HS kids, and letting everyone know that you can do anything you set your mind to :) It showed how total she has lost 80lbs, but I know for her it was more than just weight loss. This woman is unreal and so inspiring and everyone that meets her should consider themselves so lucky. I hope that if the time ever came where I was faced with the tragedies she has been faced with, that I could be like her. I am better for just watching her on this show. So, Abby, you rock girl! I hope you enjoy life and keep on smiling!

P.S. Someone needs to get missionaries down to her house ASAP!

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh i love this show too! Abby is one of my all time favorites! She is so sweet and amazing...I really do cry every time I watch it. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dang..i saw that episode last night too. It was so good..I was crying hearing her story but then putting myself in her shoes..I can't even imagine. Good call on getting some missionaries down there too!

    ReplyDelete