Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Mother I Hope to Be!

Mom,

Where do I even start? Today you are 56, but you don't look a day over 35! :) I wish that I had pictures from when I was younger to help illustrate just how amazing you have been as a mom and best friend. From the time I was born, I know just how much I meant to you. I am sure that I was a lot to handle and gave you a few scares along the bumpy road, but really all I was doing was preparing you for KAIT!! :) Thank you for loving me and helping me grow up more every year. You were always patient, but when you "had it up to here" I knew you meant business! Thanks for blessing me with your athletic ability, and love for sports! I loved having you be my coach when I was little, and you helped me get on the best teams I possibly could! Thank you for blessing me with your personality and sense of humor! Basically my life comes down to this....I am your clone 30 years later. I have your mannerisms, we look identical at all stages of life up until this point, I think like you, I sound like you, and one day I TRULY HOPE I can be a mom like you. You are supportive, caring, understanding, selfless, beautiful (inside and out) funny, athletic, talented, creative, strong, spiritual, and one amazing example to not only me, but everyone around you. You inspire me to be a better person on a daily basis despite living hundreds of miles apart. Heavenly Father gave me an amazing gift, when I was born to you and dad. I am hoping when we have kids that you can teach me all your secrets about being a mom, because if I even do half as good of a job as you, cuz' i mean let's be honest here, I did turn out pretty fab ;), then my kids will be pretty much awesome! You are my best friend and I love you with all of my heart! Thank you again for being an amazing woman, who I one day hope to be!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Love you!

Brooke

P.s. Michael is not one with words, but he loves you too! :) and knows how lucky he is to have an amazing mother-in-law like you!



For those of you reading, who do not know the Kipster, she is pretty fab! I wish I had pics of her sweet hair over the years and to show you what a babe she is, but these last few years of pics will have to do for now!

BYU vs. UNLV

Kip, Aunt Sharon and Me

Park City Art Festival last summer

Heber Rodeo-- Ya i'm hot NBD

3 besties! Mom, Sarah and my sis Kait! One of my favorite pics from the wedding!

The ULTIMATE mom and BFF!

She's got junk in her trunk, as do I.....and I get it from my momma!

The 3 Amigos!

Kip is a cougar! The men LOVE them some Kip!

Example: Tracy (Michael's groomsman) Could not keep his hands off Kip the entire reception! What can I say, my mom is pretty much Hot Stuff!

This is one of my favorite pics of all time of my mom and me. I had just got married and her hug is so sincere and so genuine. She loves me, but she LOVES the man I married as well. I think for a while she felt like she was losing her little girl, but really she was gaining an amazing son-in-law! :)

Our Happy Family! My wedding day was THE BEST day of my life thus far.
I have all 3 of my best friends right next to me! Mom, we all love you so much and would not be where we are now without you. Thank you for loving us, and spoiling us far beyond what we deserve!

3 comments:

  1. Awwww, Brooke! I know how much you love your momma. The bond that you, Kaitlin and your mom share is so strong. It's pretty amazing. I've just learned that it's best to stay on the good side of you girlies! ;)
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIPSTER!!! Love you!
    I guess I love you too, Brooke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness that B&W picture of your mom hugging you at your wedding just made me tear up! LOVE your Mom. She really is awesome! What a cute Post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke, you look so pretty in your pics! hope all is well

    p.s. Polish sausage

    ReplyDelete