Monday, February 22, 2010

Holy Hannah I'm Pregnant!

Well it's been a while since I posted any pictures of my growing belly!
Not having a camera that I can upload pictures a few at a time as I
take them, has been difficult to handle, but I am still suppressing all
my high maintenance/impulsive tendencies to go out and buy
a camera that I have been wanting for quite some time! I am still
kickin' it old school and using my disposable camera, but now that
I have found out that i can edit my pictures on Flickr online and
still post them to the blog, I am one VERY happy camper!

This is me at 20 weeks! Me and Bear have reached
the halfway point! Yay! This is also the first time I
wore a maternity dress to church because all
other church outfits no longer fit my growing gut!

Michael documenting that I am now doing my "wifely duties" in the
kitchen again....the first 3 months of pregnancy I MIGHT have
been a lazy slob....but I am back on the bandwagon now! MJ is thrilled!

21 Weeks and growing!

So weird how much Bear grows everyday it feels like!

Right before we went to the ultrasound at 21 weeks!
Best day seeing our baby bear on the huge big screen!
I put on makeup before our appointment (i usually only
wear makeup on Sundays for church) and Michael
asked why i was getting dresses up for the baby because
bear isn't going to see us today, we are going to see bear!

21 Weeks on Valentine's Day <3

22 Weeks! I have grown inches around my belly!
But Michael says I still only look pregnant from the
front or side....luckily the weight gain hasn't spread
to my love handles or back fat just yet. Although,
I know my bum has gotten bigger, but I don't quite
see him ever complaining about that! ;)

I am still enjoying pregnancy, and really enjoy actually looking pregnant
not just chubby! Although I now feel full ALL the time, and the last thing
I want to do is eat, I still continue to fill my belly with food :) I feel bear
move all the time, and sometimes I just can't help but laugh when he/she
kicks me so hard! I love knowing that bear is continuing to grow healthy
and strong down there and I just might be hatching the next greatest thing
in sports(especially with how active bear is)!
I couldn't believe how big bear looks now when I look at pictures
of him/her for this week. Bear is about 11 inches and almost 1 pound.

She/he starting to look like a miniature newborn. Bear's lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and even developing tiny tooth buds beneath the gums. Bear's eyes have formed, but her irises don't have color yet. When they do I wonder what color they'll be! I have dark brown eyes and daddy has blue/green eyes. It is so fascinating to
me that this lil' baby inside my belly will be half me/half Michael, and I am so curious
to see what features and from who bear gets. I look EXACTLY identical to my
wonderful mother, and can't help but wonder if bear is a girl, if she will look
exactly like me. Then we will have 3 generations that look identical! That would TOTALLY
trip me out! I used to look at baby/toddler pictures of my mom and point to
them and say my name, so that would be crazy to have my own lil' clone! I have
also added a name to each list for a boy or girl. I like the name Crew for a lil' boy
and I like the name Mia Rose for a little girl. And if bear is a little girl, with all the kicking
and squirming she is doing, she very well might be the next Mia Hamm ;)

P.S. With the winter Olympics on, we have not been able to see any new episodes of our favorite shows, and I am counting down the days til' the olympics are over! I LOVE the summer Olympics and could sit down and watch just about anything, BUT i cannot get into the winter Olympics at all. I don't care if someone can do cross country skiing. Or the biathlon....REALLY? I don't care if someone can cross country ski and then shoot a gun! and the real doozy is ice dancing! I mean COME ON PEOPLE! This is not a sport. These are
the rejects that obviously couldn't land any tricks in figure skating competitions, so we make up a competition so they don't feel bad about themselves or have low self-esteem? I don't get it AT ALL! Ice dancing is like the JV squad of figure skating.

P.S.S. Michael was talking in his sleep again last night. How do I know this? Oh maybe
because as of late I have some serious insomnia! It's BAD! Oh i can fall asleep just fine, but come midnight when I have to pee, I cannot for the life of me fall back asleep. I generally stay up from about 1-4 or 5. It's the worst. I just lay there wide awake and my back hurts and
I can't get comfy on either of my sides. My belly is too big to actually lay on my belly like I used to and THE only way my body feels good and relaxes is on my back BUT OH WAIT!!! I am not suppose to be laying on my back at this point! So instead, I am awake tossing and turning, but last night Michael made my night interesting! First he was dying laughing in his sleep. I was a little sad i didn't know what he was laughing about because at this point, I could use a good laugh! But then he got a little sassy! Out of nowhere, probably a good hour after his laugh attack he says, " I don't remember, DUDE!" with the emphasis on DUDE! Which can really only mean one thing, he was mocking me in his sleep! I say dude ALL the time, even call him dude but not on purpose, it's just a habit I guess. So whenever I call him "dude" he makes sure to mock me right back. What a gem! Even in his sleep he mocks me! What a real treat this guy is! ;) Although it did put a smile on my face and made me laugh a little!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats, Brooke! You've got some awesome times ahead. Everyone says it moves fast (and I include myself in "everyone"). That's so great that you're documenting it so well. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Mrs. pregnant lady in all of your cute dresses! You look adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I've already seen your pregnant photos way back, and you are super pretty darling. And your baby's such a cutie pie. =) I'm happy that your pregnancy turned really well. And you still look sexy after giving birth. Hooray for that!!

    ReplyDelete