Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Deep in Thought

As time has gone on now, I continue to think of baby names.
It's a little harder since we don't know the sex of baby
bear, but it's also fun to think of names for both genders.
I honestly think we might narrow the list down to 2 or 3
names that we agree on for each sex, and take that list with
us to the hospital. I think I will need to see our baby before I
can KNOW, what this kid will be named for the rest of his/her
life. Some names just fit faces better than others.


So since we are waiting to find out the sex, we can at least
have fun making up names for our sweet little one to come!

Boy Names:
  • Brady
  • Russell (my grandpa's name)
  • Connor
  • Jett
  • Dylan
  • Jackson
  • Lane (like the football coach for USC now!)
  • Lang
  • Beau
  • Carter
  • Cade

Girl Names:
  • Brynne or Brynlee
  • Charley Nicole
  • Emerson Rose (Rose was Michael's Mom"s name)
  • Avery
  • Paige
  • Reagan
  • Madison (Michael likes this one, but I'm not sold on it)
For me, it is way easier to come up with awesome boy names, where
as girl names I am very critical and picky. I have either known one, and
those girls left a bad taste in my mouth( i.e. "loose ladies" ;) bratty, obnoxious,
"lover's of food", or just down right crazies!) or I think of how the name
could be made fun of while in elementary school when kids can be so cruel.
I luckily did not have a problem getting made fun of by my name, BUT a
few boys I would beat in kickball, or handball or dodgeball at recess, often
referred to me as "a boy" (apparently they couldn't think of anything clever to
say so they just kept it simple) but it was enough to really hurt my feelings,
so much that I was crying to my mom and we marched right over to Mervyn's
(which was the place back in the day...at least to me)and bought me a brand new
outfit for the next week at school. One i felt cute in, and girly but that I could still
run around if I wanted to! Oh what exactly did we buy? Oh none other than a
"SKORT" yep! I totally tricked out those boys! One of them, named Ben, who I
can't believe I remembered his name, made a comment while lining up for
class the next week. "OMG, Brooke is wearing a skirt?!" "That's right you
little weenie I AM wearing a skirt! haha only it also has shorts so I can still
make a fool of you later at recess!" BOOYA! Brooke=1 Ben=0

Anywho, let me know what you think of the names we have so far, and I
am always down for suggestions! :)

4 comments:

  1. For sure Paige.... I couldn't think of a cuter name for a girl! Hahahha, but seriously, I love all the names!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have a good start! so fun! Ok and seriously - almost spit out my water onto my keyboard when I read ...

    ( i.e. "loose ladies" ;) bratty, obnoxious,
    "lover's of food", or just down right crazies!)

    so true. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay i love all your girl names...and I love Jett for a boy name! FUnny b/c my sister's name is paige. My niece's name is Reagan...so you're on the right track! haha Maybe if its a girl just call her Aarean. haha kidding. don't do that to her, she has to live with it for the rest of her life! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connor Bakken, Beau Bakken, and Brynlee Bakken...lovely ring to them :)

    ReplyDelete