Monday, April 5, 2010

Third Trimester Oh My!

What the 3rd trimester?

I can't believe I am already in the final stretch of pregnancy, although my belly
makes me believe it more everyday! Everyday I look down and the bump
just gets further and further out there. My back is just now starting to get a little
achy at night, and finding a comfortable spot to sleep on my side is quite the
challenge these days. Luckily for me though, bear has decided that when Momma
sleeps, so will bear. So I haven't been kept up at all at night by a squirmy wormy!
I think by now bear is almost 15 inches, and is around 2.5 lbs. At this point, bear will
be putting on lots of weight so that come life post belly, bear will be comfy cozy and
all systems will be a go! I have already told myself that this baby will be a late one,
we will just call bear fashionably late. I know by the end I will just want this baby
to be out and to be here, but I am prepared for my little late comer. I was late, my
sister was late, I think it's just what we do! So if bear for some random reason
decides to come early, I think I might be in shock! But don't worry I will be ready!
Maybe...maybe I will be ready....I am not sure if I am quite ready for the whole
birthing process. I thought I wanted a normal delivery, but thinking about that pain
makes having a C-Section look better everyday! ;) I am such a wuss huh?

This is a picture of what my insides might look like at this point.
It still baffles my mind that an egg and a lil' spermy came together to
make an actual human being. NUTS! I don't know how anyone can believe
in evolution when there is this little miracle right in front of our eyes!
I know this isn't the best picture, but it will do for now! 7 Months and growing!

I can't believe how fast 7 months have come and gone. Not just with the pregnancy
but just with life in general! Michael and I will be celebrating our 1 year anniversary
soon and that is just crazy to me. Time has flown by! Luckily, I have not been
too hormonal and overly sensitive with the pregnancy, that the first year was harder
than it should be. I would like to think that I am pretty even all the way around. I swear
it was this time last year that we kept measuring time (esp. when we would see a trailer
for a movie that was coming out in summer) by "oh we will have been married for 2 weeks
by then" and now we do the same thing only with the baby! Haha it is so crazy how your
world can change so drastically and so sudden! So far this pregnancy has been easy
as pie, which can only mean 1 of 2 things. Either A...I really am a "breeder" and was meant
to have children, or B...I am in for a doozy of a time these next 3 months and who the
heck knows about Birth!! I hope it's option A. Or maybe I am just suppose to be
catching up on all the rest possible because once bear gets here I will no longer sleep.
I am praying that the baby will be as cooperative as possible for my first go around.
But as long as bear is healthy, I will take em any way bear comes!
Hurry up June!!

2 comments:

  1. Your belly is looking so cute Brooke. I'm so excited for you guys. Birth is hard and so painful but everything is so worth it when you look into your babies eyes for the first time. It's amazing being a mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't wish a c-section on yourself hun! It may sound easier, but the recovery makes up for not having to push, so I hear. I was fine after 3 weeks with a normal birth while my friends who had c's were still in pain 6 weeks postpartum! I'm just sayin...birth may be easy for you, you never know!

    ReplyDelete