Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I Cry at Work

I work at Novell.
It's not that exciting and sometimes downright boring.
BUT, when it is boring, I get to surf the web.
i LOVE to blog surf aka blog stalk.
I look at photography blogs (I one day want to do that)
I look at wedding blogs...no I'm not having another wedding but I love
to see all the new creative ways people celebrate together.
I look at friend's blogs,
and friend's of friend's blogs who cousin married this
guy and now they have kids the same age and go to the same
pre-school so she knows Bethany type of stalking.
I sometimes wonder how I got to someone's blog but I love
reading about people, about their life, what they celebrate,
what they do during their day,
what trials they are going through, why they are frustrated,
why they are grateful, what their crazy kids do,
basically I am a total "people watcher" only in this sense
it comes from the world wide web.
Maybe that makes me creepy but every now and then I come
across someone, or something that makes me grateful
for these online journals we call blogs.
Sometimes it's a funny video that makes me laugh,
but today there is a girl, who lives in HI, that I do not know,
but I admire her. I admire her strength.
I admire her faith.
I admire her honesty.
I admire her outlook on life, and that has forever
changed mine as well.
Reading her blog made me cry at work.
Call it hormones, but I am pretty sure any girl in my shoes
or hers, just might shed a few tears as well.
They were tears of sadness for her, but also tears of joy
because she knows what I know.
I am grateful for my knowledge.
I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father,
who watches over us come pain, sadness, happiness and joy.
I can't imagine going through the trials that she has,
but I also know she is a strong enough woman to overcome them
or else she wouldn't have been faced with that trial in the first place.
Quite the sucky compliment from Big Guns upstairs,
but a compliment and test rolled into one none the less.
I hope and pray that I can one day be a strength to others
around me, the way she has been for me today.
I also will remember to love the ones I care for more dearly,
deeply and completely because we never know when
the time will come when their time is up, or when my own time
is up. I want those around me to know I love them and I love
them whole heartily. She has taught me that I too can be strong
when faced with challenges, if we lean on those
around us, and lean on the one who knows just what we
are going through. He knows it all.
So, Natalie thanks for being an example to someone

you do not know, but is grateful
for people like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment