Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Lil' "Round" Up

Round is an understatement....
I haven't posted any pictures of the progression of my growing belly
in a while! It gets more "round" by the day!
I must say though that this pregnancy has been a dream and has been
so easy for me. Obviously I don't have anything to compare it to,
but compared to some stories that are doozies
out there, I feel incredibly blessed. I have yet to experience
back pain, but then again I am only a week into my third trimester.
I still sleep well at night, complete with a snuggling kitty that
likes to sleep ON my face or shoulder. The baby is still
kind enough to get lots of his/her movements out during
the day and sleeps with me at night :)
I still have a pretty high level of energy (compared to the first 3 months)
and I am even coaching soccer now after work, and I still
have enough energy to do that as well 4 times a week.
I feel like this pregnancy is going by so fast, and can't believe
there are only 75 days left on the calendar until bear's due date.
I am excited about the hospital I will be delivering at (Timpanogos Hosp)
especially after my most recent trip there for my glucose test and
Rhogam shot! Much to my surprise I have a negative blood type, hence
the need for the shot. But once again, something I had no idea,
nor did it ever occur to me, about pregnancy. There are so many
things I have learned, and changes I have seen with my
body that blow my mind. A few of them
scary, that I am pretty sure if these were spelled out
during sex ed, there would be less 16 and pregnant chicks!
Just sayin' is all. Sometimes I don't feel qualified or old enough
to be pregnant, so I don't know how girls younger than me
or even single girls do it. It has made such a huge difference to have
Michael by my side reminding me I am pregnant when I just feel
fat, and telling me I am beautiful, and when he tells me "thank
you for carrying our baby" it melts my heart. Despite his tough
guy exterior, he is a big softy on the inside :)
I am so lucky that our kids will be 50% Michael, and hopefully
mix in a few good parts of Brooke.

I start going to the doc's now every 2 weeks, and then after that every week!
That means the end is getting so close! I swear it was just
yesterday I was staring at that dang stick in complete SHOCK.
Bear still kicks and moves all the time, and now we can say that bear
had the hiccups yesterday (4-12-10) for the very first time.
At first I had NO idea what was going on. I just knew there was
this like pulsing/rhythmic feeling going on down there and it was
completely new. I remembered reading about girls feeling their
baby's hiccups right around this time, so I of course
booked it to Babycenter.com
to check it out and sure enough, BAM! Bear had the hiccups!
It is so funny to think about the baby having the hiccups INSIDE
my tummy! But once again, just another sign that baby bear
is still growin' and still healthy :) We love healthy babies!

As always, I am still grateful to be blessed with this little one inside
my tummy and grateful for the opportunity to become a mommy!
Big guns upstairs either REALLY trusts me or is playing a cruel
joke and sending me a little taste of my own medicine
that I once gave to my mom!
Let's hope for everyone's sake it's option A!

26 Weeks and growing....

Rockin' a beer gut...minus any beer!

Lookin' ROUGH and PUFF one Sunday morning.....
27 Weeks

Easter=7 months! 7 months ago Michael's men
went on an egg hunt a little early! ;)

My door bell belly button!

29 Weeks in CAli!

Round lil' butterball!

Still more to grow! Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment