Tuesday, September 15, 2009

One Lazy weekend

Have you ever been watching a game, and been so into the game that you sometimes wonder what the refs were thinking when they made a certain call??


Luckily, on Saturday this was not the case. I didn't intend to watch football all day, but that is precisely what I did(and couldn't be happier with that decision!) Notre Dame vs. Michigan was an awesome back and forth game! USC seems to have a lot in common with Cindy here, but hey....the lil' freshy grew up a lot that game and they got a big W!

But the FAVE game of the entire weekend has to go the the UH Coogs! they played an amazing game, full of surprises and ups and downs! But they pulled off an amazing upset and I loved watching every minute of that game! I couldn't change the channel for fear I would miss something! I guess that's the sign of a great game! it was a barn burner and a game that made me proud that my lil' sis goes to that school and was so happy for their athletic program!

On a side note....came across this beauty of a picture below....I am ALL for school spirit, wearing school colors, screaming obscenities at the refs when they are morons, and having pride in your football team, and I love seeing all the crazy fans come out during football season but WOW! I can't tell if this should be a new high or a new low for the football fan craze! I will let you decide~

So after my VERY lazy Saturday, I actually cleaned the apartment (with Michael's help!) but the thing I have been wanting to do for a few weeks now is go to the Hogle Zoo in SLC! I know that generally is a place you take little kids, BUT they have had so many baby animals in the past few months and I couldn't wait to see them!! Michael was so sweet to take me, and let me see all the lil guys. They were absolutely precious! The baby elephant followed her momma EVERYWHERE! We got to see her feed on momma too and what really tripped me out was the fact that elephants have boobs just like women!! What the? 2 boobs...and did this mom have a HUGE rack! She makes Dolly Parton look flat! But her baby was so sweet and lovely! oh and another side note...elephants are pregnant for up to 24 months and her baby came out at 3 feet tall and 251 lbs at birth!! holy Hannah that's CRAZY!!!!

On to the baby giraffe! He was adorable as well, naturally he was SO tall! These animals amaze me how tall they are and how LONG their necks are! We were in the 2 story observing area, and could reach out and tough the tops of their heads! I love all their spots and learned that each animal has a different pattern of spots (though they may appear the same) and that is like a human's finger prints. No 2 are the same! We got to see the lil guy run outside, and also get a sweet smooch from his momma!

Finally, the tigers! aka Lucy's long lost fam! she is my lil' tiger and I love all her stripes! We didn't get to see them playing or running around, just like Lucy...they were sleeping! Each cuddling next to momma! Even though they were sleeping it was so cute to see the sea of stripes! there was even one laying against the mom, but on his back, face up and paws just dangling like a lazy kitty!

I loved all of these animals and had so much fun at the zoo, even at age 25 with no kids! I can't wait (although i will have to for now) to have lil ones and take them to the zoo and see their faces and hopefully their love for animals, just like their momma!

2 comments:

  1. HAHA! I almost threw up when I saw the picture of the Oregon fan..sick sick sick!! How cute are those baby animals!! I want to kiss the little tigers!! So adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh by gosh you are hilarious. i think if I had an 1/8 of the love for football as you do, josh would be such a happy man. I need to be better at that. I have yet to go to the hogle zoo...seeing these pics makes me want to go tomorrow! That is definately on my things to do before we move!!!

    ReplyDelete