Friday, September 11, 2009

All About Lucy

Well, the beginning of this post real quick is about Coach Bakken!
I just wanted everyone to see my handsome hubby and let everyone know
he is by far the sexiest coach on that field! :) This pic was after their game in ID, where they beat last years state champs! The O line played well, and I am trying
my best to learn when they do well and how to watch for their success,
especially since it is a position that gets very little recognition whatsoever!


Now the real reason for my post! LUCY LUCY LUCY! All I can say is that we have a Love/Hate relationship. This kitty keeps me on my toes and is in every way preparing me for children. I have been told that children when they start to crawl, are vanishing acts and like human vacuums. Well my girl Lucy is just that and more! Anytime a drawer , door, cabinet or anything is open, she takes it upon herself to investigate. She is the most curious cat, and I have on many occasions shut her in the closet, lazy Susan, under the sink in the bathroom and in our dresser drawers! I then realize it's way too quiet and I haven't seen the kitty in a while, which then leads me to back track and think about what was the last thing I left open...sure as day...that's where she is, the stinker! Case in point the picture directly below...I had been making some cards and got all my goodies from the closet on the top shelf. Shut the door and went about making these cards. About 20 min had gone by and the rascal was no where to be found. So I went back to the closet, opened it and BAM there she was on the top shelf. How she got all the way up there in the dark I will never know!

But Lucy can also be a sweety! She LOVES to cuddle and sleep on anything that is on the floor. She will sleep on a backpack, plastic bag(those are her FAVE..she loves the nose it makes) your laundry basket, and empty box, pretty much if it's on the floor she owns it. Here she is showing her growing belly (thanks to me keeping her VERY well fed...no complaints from her I'm sure).


Seeing as how we rescued Lucy from "the streets" as Michael would say, she loves human food because we think that is what she survived off of in our apartment complex. So anytime we eat, she is present! We had waffles with whipped cream and fresh strawberries a few nights ago, and Michael "gave her a taste" of our meal. She then would scratch her face with her paws, lick them, and repeat. She did this for about a half hour til she got it all off her face and could no longer taste the sweet cream!

Finally, Lucy is my alarm clock, and she knows a SURE WAY to get me to fly out of bed, even if it is 5:30 and I don't want to be up yet! Let me back track just a bit. Every Friday night, is my very own version of Friday Night Lights. I get to watch Timpview football! I love watching football, I always have, but I also get to watch Michael do something he loves...such a HUGE bonus! So being the fabulous, amazingly thoughtful wife that i am (dripping with sarcasm...kinda) I write Michael a good luck card every Thursday night and bring him balloons in the school colors for good luck! I love doing small things like that for him, to let him know I love him, support him and want them to kick butt! Well, now that you know WHY I have balloons, maybe my kitten alarm clock is self explanatory. She LOVES the strings that hang off the balloons. She gets herself to the highest/closest point to the balloon strings that she can find...then LEAPS and grabs for the strings. Mostly missing, until 5;30 am rolled around and she won the fight! I at the time was sound asleep having NO idea what was going on in my living room. But then with a LOUD 2 pops, I was instantly out of bed, awake and on the hunt for a dead cat! I turned on the living rooms lights only to find the cutest face staring at me knowing she had been caught! She didn't know whether to run and hide, or stay and play. I decided instead of letting her know I did not approve of such behavior...i mean what are the chances of her actually getting it right?....i decided to document the terror that is Lucy. She had the balloons in her sights, paws the balloon to hold it down, then bites it and POP goes the balloon. You would think the loud pop might scare a little kitty, but as I am reminded daily, "our cat is HOOD"!

One balloon down, many more to go!

Loves the strings!

The face of a VERY happy/mischievous lil' kitty!

Despite all the things she gets into, all the cat hair we have on our clothes, and all the times she makes me want to pull my hair out (like when she bites our feet at night at the edge of the bed...that's Michael's FAVE) we love this lil' girl and she keeps us on our toes without a doubt. There is never a dull moment with her around! We Love you Lucy goosey!

No comments:

Post a Comment